Monday, February 20, 2012
The 1912 Project begins...Princess Line Slip
The PDF file was printed on 11 x 17 pages and taped together.
The four pieces went together with no trouble. I omitted the lace insertion and eyelet beading at the neck because this is strictly a muslin for fit. I found the drafting of the pattern pieces to be quite accurate...all seams matched up nicely.
The seam down the center is an alteration tuck used to pull the princess seams into a more 'functional' position. I do not intend on making this as a slip, but rather as a summer dress. I needed to take out some of the fullness of the original neckline and bodice.
The wearable version will either have a side or center back zipper rather than buttons down the back. Though, I like the vintage look of the buttons down the back and may decide against a zipper...
The square neckline will lend itself nicely to a filet crocheted yoke application. I have found a pattern for one that I think will be perfect. I need to buy the perle cotton and start on it. I have a piece of lightweight black linen that I think will make a lovely dress with black crocheted trim. Updates to come...